Sunday, February 5, 2012

Stellar

On yet another training run getting ready for my spring Ultra runs I rolled out of the house and onto the Seneca Creek Greenway trail system. Goal for the day was thirty miles. on my way down to the Potomac River I ran into Ed, the RD for the Greenway 50k in March, which I'm doing. Ed let me know that the race course for this year has changed from the North to the South side of the Seneca Creek. So on the return trip I got off the Greenway and onto the Seneca Creek trail. While the North side is flat. the South side is...lumpy! Most of the work on the trail was done by MORE, the local Mountain Bike folks and they have done just a stellar job. as trails go it is just a work of art. As a trail volunteer for the system I've seen a lot of trail work. (and done a lot too!) This is brilliant. Can't wait to run down the puppy on race day. Got my 30 miles in.

No comments:

Post a Comment