Saturday, December 3, 2011

Ugh...

Been running mostly of late. Disney coming up In a month and have far more miles in the bank now than I have the last few years...hopefully my times will show it, although I haven' t been doing much speed work. Haven't been on the bike much.
For the first time in years I'm putting in 50 plus mile running weeks and UGH! It's hard. Body holding together well. The rebuilt ankle is holding up quite well but does get sore from time to time, but mostly before it rains!
Had a great 22 miler this morning...able to get out the door before 7 and into the park, which feels like MY park this time of year. It doesn't open till ten in the winter months so the place is empty in the early morn. Roads and trails all to myself and really, I don't meet many other runners. The only other runner I saw this morning was my wife!
With an empty park I do get to see plenty of deer...a whole herd this morning...nine doe and a buck who snorted at me. Easy lad, I'm not a cross species kind of guy.
The snow birds have arrived...the baffle heads and juncos are here. Mist rising off the lake. Beautiful.
Hard to believe this is in the middle of the Washington area. Out the door and in two minutes I'm in 10,000 acres.
A couple more weeks of long back to back runs and then taper for "The Mouse" and then hammer down to next springs fun!

1 comment: