Saturday, December 10, 2011

The view from here...

It's sort of a non- birthday, this 57. Other than 57 varieties of tomatoes used in "Heinz 57" the number isn't that remarkable. Past the 55, heading toward 60. 60! Great Googly Moogly!
Sitting here, I'm kind of stymied. What do you write about? Who am I at this age? What stuff am I made of?
After a cup of tea and listening to some Jimi (Power of Soul) here's what I got...

Bits and pieces.

I am made of the bits and pieces of everyone I've ever met and of all the things I've done.
Good and bad. Dark and light but mostly light.
It's amazing really. In my mind I can reacall everyone...if not thir names, their faces and that, really, only because I never knew their name. They all contributed to who I am today although they didn't know it at the time and maybe still don't.
Sadly I recall things I shouldn't.
Happily I remember moments so bright they bring tears to my yes as I sit here...
At 57 some special thanks...
To the boys of Ward 1: it is you more than anyone who added the bits to my heart I cherish most.
To Coach Payne who told me to go run.
To my sisters who taught me my ABC's
The Nuns of dark and light...some of you taught me. Some of you taught me there were people in the world you couldn't trust.
Dad who at the end accepted me for me and was proud..
Mom who taught me to carry a heavy weight...
Professor Dennis Lindbergh who made me realize "why?" is the most important question you can ask.
And to everyone who helped me realize that a kind heart, while painful at times, is the best heart to have.
Oh,and to Jimi...flotation is groovy, baby, even a jelly fish will tell you that.

2 comments:

  1. Anton - Alfred, Lord Tennyson wrote: "I am a part of all that I have met;/ yet all experience is an arch wherethrough / gleams that untraveled world whose margin fades / forever and forever as I move."
    He also wrote: "Though much is taken, much abides, and though / we are not now that strength which in old days / moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are / one equal temper of heroic hearts / made weak by time and fate but strong in will / to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." Both from "Ulysses"
    Anne Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely thoughts, Anton! --- and H'ppy B'day --- I like your comments re links to others, who of course have their links to you --- cf. Indra's Net etc.

    ReplyDelete